Saturday, April 9, 2016

Graphic Novel Review: Darth Vader

Darth Vader

by Kieron Gillen (Writer), Salvador Larroca (Artist),

On a Star Wars reading kick I got everything from our library and this was the second comic of the new marvel SW series that came on hold. I was not sure what to expect from story centered around Vader but it turned to be a an interesting read. I am not sure it added great depth to the universe like the best SW fiction does.

It had some really cool visual like Vader walking into Jubba's palace, or the crazy living creature space station towards the end. Perhaps the most interesting thing was the relationship Vader develops with a smuggler named Aphra. She is a cool character and despite my eye rolling at the idea of Vader working with her at first it turned out pretty cool.

What didn't work was the scene between the Emperor and Vader. How much shit can he keep taking from him. Less is more in the that relationship if I was writing this series.

No comments: