Saturday, January 24, 2009

Books from the horror underground I'm getting.




Upcoming books I’m gonna buy:

So Cari and I have been going through serious money problems. It is a long story but we were so broke I can only laugh about now. Well Cari started a new job and we are getting caught up. One of the things that I have not been able to do is buy independent horror books from authors I respect in the underground. So next month I’m getting caught up. I thought some of you might enjoy reading the list.

You might want to pick up some of these.

First up will be…

Horror Library vol.3 from bloodletting press. $16.95

Thirty stories featuring stories by two of my favorite women horror writers Gina Ranalli and Lisa Morton. For my money Lisa is the best short story author out there right now.

Mother Puncher by Gina Ranalli : A “oh no she didn’t” environmental novella by my pal Gina. I can’t think of anyone else who could tell this tale.

find an interview about this book with Gina here:

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/2008/08/mother-puncher/

Jake’s Wake by John Skipp and Cody Goodfellow: The first collaboration between two titans of horror fiction. Hell yes. Leisure books released it so you should be able to get just about anywhere.

Mama’s boy and other dark tales by Fran Friel $15.95 The title story is the Bram stoker nominated novella. I’ve read Fran’s blog forever. Enjoyed interacting with her online…so yeah I gotta get this book.

Dead Earth by Mark Justice and David T. Wilbanks: The hosts of Pod horror writing an apocalyptic novel. Yeah it’s on the list. From Bloodletting press.

3 comments:

Fran Friel said...

Thanks so much for the mention, David. I'm honored to be on such a fine list. I hope you enjoy the collection.

I'm really glad to hear that you and Cari are finding your way through the financial challenges. Wishing you both sweet abundance of all good things.

Hugs from CT,
Fran

David Agranoff said...

Thanks, I looking forward to your book, I'll review it on here when I get to it.

Mark Justice said...

David:

I hope you like DE:TGD.